Willamette Valley isn’t just an adult playground, it’s fun for kids of all ages! Here are some ideas of activities that are sure to delight your little (and not so little) ones.
- Try the ten waterslides or splash around in the wave pool at Wings & Waves Waterpark. Conveniently, this indoor waterpark is open year-round and located next to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville.
- Gilbert House Children’s Museum offers over a dozen fun, educational, and interactive exhibits for kids. Located between Salem’s Riverfront Park and Union Street, this museum is a roughly 25-minute drive from Amity.
- A slightly longer trek (though still under 40 minutes from your flat) you could find yourself at the Enchanted Forest amusement park in Turner, Oregon. Log-ride with a 40 foot drop anyone?
- There are a number of great parks in the area offering exciting activities, play structures, and splash pads to stay cool in the summer heat. Try Discovery Meadows Community Park, City Park in McMinnville, or Riverfront City Park in Salem.
- Catch a movie at McMinnville Cinema.
Several seasonal festivities take place in Amity throughout the year. Depending on when you visit, your family can look forward to the following events:
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Amity City Park – held in Amity on the Saturday before Easter. For children 9 and under.
- Amity Tree Lighting Festival – held in Amity on the first Friday in December.
- Summer Fun on Friday Nights – enjoy free movies, popcorn, and other events in Amity City Park. Movies start at dusk. Entertainers start at 7pm.