Whether you prefer shopping for unique and hand-crafted items, scouting for antique treasures, or seeking designer discounts, Amity is central to some of the best sales tax-free shopping in Oregon.
Here are some of our recommendations for shopping excursions located near your accommodation, as well as some that are a little farther off the trail.
- If you like sweets, don’t miss the opportunity to visit some of the finest local establishments for handmade, local treats in the valley, including hand-swirled fudge made by Brigittine Monks and Blue Raeven’s freshly-baked pies.
- If you love flowers, be sure to check out the beauty that is the Rain Flower!
- On a more practical note, there are several grocery stores nearby if you’re looking to pick up a few items for your stay, including Albertson’s and Roth’s. They are both within a 15-minute drive. Check out Wonderfully Made for local vendors and their beautiful, one-of-a-kind products.
- Explore downtown McMinnville’s specialty boutiques, while popping into galleries such as The Gallery at Ten Oaks and wine tasting rooms along the way. Don’t miss Thursday and Saturday Farmers Markets.
- Woodburn Premium Outlets is a popular destination to shop for brand name items at a discount. Here you’ll find brands like Coach, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, and Polo Ralph Lauren.
- The coastal town of Lincoln City offers up a variety of Outlet stores, including Harry & David, Pendleton, Columbia, and The North Face to name a few. Not to mention a bevy of more quaint shops offering plenty of unique antique finds, book, and gift shops.
Known for its high-end resale clothing boutiques, vintage stores, and outdoor farmers markets, Portland has something for everyone when it comes to shopping. If you’re visiting during a weekend in March through December, check out the Portland Saturday Market, claimed to be the largest continuously operating open-air arts and crafts market in the country. If you prefer modern trends, opt to take a stroll down Northwest 23rd Avenue, a street lined some of the most fashionable independent boutiques found in the city. For those in search of a more luxury shopping experience, Pioneer Place (in the heart of downtown) is where you’ll find shops such as Nordstrom, Tiffany & Co., and Louis Vuitton.